Monday, January 20, 2014

Italian Antipasti Chop Salad

YUM YUM YUM YUM, I was craving a really hearty salad. So was AJ. We brought this to a dinner party and it was a big hit. So many colors and full of crunchy veggies and protein too!

You will need:
1 cup of quartered artichoke hearts
1 1/2 cup (or a 15 oz can) of garbanzo beans, drained
1 cup of chopped green or black olives (I tend to prefer green!)
1 cup of chopped baby tomatoes or diced big tomatoes
4 chopped green onions
1 medium green pepper, diced
1/2 of a cucumber, skinned and diced
A big head of romaine lettuce
1 cup grated parmesan cheese**(optional for omnivores) (I got pecorino romano because I prefer sheep cheese)
1 cup diced salami** (optional for carnivores)

For the dressing:
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup red wine winegar
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
A pinch of salt, oregano, basil and marjoram

First, prep all of your veggies:









Now--  toss your vegetables.



Next, mix your olive oil, vinegar, garlic and spices altogether to make your dressing. Taste-- if you like your dressing saltier, add more salt (or grated parmesan cheese) and if you like it tangier add more vinegar, etc. I tend to make my dressings mellower with salads like this, since there are already so many flavors going on...




Chop your salami-- I bought a fancy kind so I also peeled the casing off before I cubed my salami. Then grate your cheese and top your salad!




Dress as you like. You may want to serve this hearty salad with a crusty piece of bread. YUM.
Love-- the Woo's






No comments:

Post a Comment